Mmpi-a sentence example
- The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2; MMPI-A) is a written psychological assessment, or test, used to diagnose mental disorders.
- The MMPI-A, a version of the inventory developed specifically for adolescents age 14 to 18, was published in 1992.
- The MMPI-A has 478 true/false items, or questions, (compared to 567 items on the MMPI-2) and takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete (compared to 60 to 90 minutes for the MMPI-2).
- There is also a short form of the test that is comprised of the first 350 items from the long-form MMPI-A.
- The questions asked on the MMPI-A are designed to evaluate the thoughts, emotions, attitudes, and behavioral traits that comprise personality.Advertisement
- There are eight validity scales and ten basic clinical or personality scales scored in the MMPI-A, and a number of supplementary scales and subscales that may be used with the test.
- Each clinical scale uses a set or subset of MMPI-A questions to evaluate a specific personality trait.
- Tests such as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory for Adolescents (MMPI-A) and the Millon Pre-Adolescent Clinical Inventory III (M-PACI), are used to screen children for specific psychopathologies or emotional problems.