Minna sentence example
- He also found time for the studies which were ultimately to appear in the volume entitled Laokoon, and in fresh spring mornings he sketched in a garden the plan of Minna von Barnhelm.
- His friends there exerted themselves to obtain for him the office of keeper of the royal library, but Frederick had not forgotten Lessing's quarrel with Voltaire, and declined to consider his claims. During the two years which Lessing now spent in the Prussian capital, he was restless and unhappy, yet it was during this period that he published two of his greatest works, Laokoon, oder fiber die Grenzen der Malerei and Poesie (1766) and Minna von Barnhelm (1767).
- The power of Minna von Barnhelm, Lessing's greatest drama, was also immediately recognized.
- Tellheim, the hero of the comedy, is an admirable study of a manly and sensitive soldier, with somewhat exaggerated ideas of conventional honour; and Minna, the heroine, is one of the brightest and most attractive figures in German comedy.
- Huber, and their fiancees Minna and Dora Stock - with whom he had corresponded, to pay a visit to Leipzig.Advertisement
- On the other hand, his interest in Minna Herzlieb, foster-daughter of the publisher Frommann in Jena, was of a warmer nature, and has left its traces on his sonnets.
- Among recent playwrights Mrs Minna Canth (1844-1897) has been the most successful.
- Shortly afterwards he married Minna More, a German girl with whom he had fallen in love some years before.
- The store/post office/beer joint was first opened by a German preacher, August Engel, in 1886 (the story goes that his daughter, Minna, chose the name Luckenbach in honor of her fiancé, Albert Luckenbach).