Minehead sentence example
- There is no evidence of the existence of Minehead (Mannheve, Manehafd, Mynneheved) in Roman or Saxon times.
- It is possible that Minehead had a corporate existence during the 15th century, as certain documents executed by the portreeve and burgesses at that date are preserved, but no record of the grant of a charter has been found.
- Dunster was only represented in parliament in conjunction with Minehead, one of its tithings being part of that borough.
- As member of parliament for Tregony in 1 7681 774 and for Minehead in 1774-1780, he at first sided with the Whigs in opposing all plans to tax the American colonists, but he supported North's administration after the outbreak of the War of Independence.
- The coastal resort of Minehead is our next stop, probably the best known resort in Somerset.Advertisement
- The four men arrived within minutes of each other at Minehead police station to be charged at noon yesterday.
- During the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries Minehead had a considerable coastwise trade in wool, grain and wine, but began to decline owing to the migration of the woollen industry to the north of England, and to the decay of the herring fishery.
- Blue Anchor I arrived at Blue Anchor well before the rest of the party, and purchased return train tickets to Minehead.