Mindon sentence example
- In Upper Burma the chief source of revenue is the thathameda, a tithe or income tax which was instituted by King Mindon, and was adopted by the British very much as they found it.
- The new monarch, known as King Mindon, showed himself sufficiently arrogant in his dealings with the European powers, but was wise enough to keep free from any approach towards hostility.
- King Mindon died in 1878, and was succeeded by his son King Thibaw.
- On his deposition by King Tharawaddi in 1837, the capital reverted to Amarapura; but finally in 1860 the last capital of Mandalay was occupied by King Mindon.
- The independence of the Western Karen-ni states had been guaranteed by the British government in a treaty with King Mindon in 1875.Advertisement
- It was finally abandoned in 1860, when king Mindon occupied Mandalay, 5 or 6 m.
- Mandalay was built in1856-1857by King Mindon.
- The Mindon prince, who had become apprehensive for his own safety, made him prisoner in February 1853, and was himself crowned king of Burma towards the end of the year.