Millbank sentence example
- Lands were, however, purchased which were eventually taken over by the government and utilized for the erection of Millbank penitentiary, begun in 1813 and partially completed in 1816.
- Millbank, as a new and most enlightened undertaking in prison affairs, was opened with much eclat.
- The erection of Millbank was a step in the right direction.
- Besides the building of Millbank it had promulgated many acts for the amelioration of prisoners.
- Even in London itself, within easy reach of the palatial Millbank penitentiary, the chief prison of the city, Newgate, was in a disgraceful condition.Advertisement
- At Millbank, with its spacious solitary cells, the rule of seclusion was more and more strictly enforced.
- Pentonville was available for the first phase; Millbank was also pressed into the service, and accommodation was hired in some of the best provincial prisons, as at Wakefield and Leicester.
- Two newly ennobled top officials of the Labor Party recently toured Labour's boilerhouse of (New) Millbank.
- The first national penitentiary was Millbank, built between 1815 and 1821.
- Two media folk in Millbank regularly wager bets on how long certain politicians can go in an interview without uttering their favorite words.Advertisement