Milk-weed sentence example
- Milk-weed, Silk-weed (Asclepias) - A large genus of strong-growing herbaceous perennials, few of them adapted for the flower garden, as they require a good deal of room, and are not attractive.
- Cornuti (the common Milk-weed)-also known as A. syriaca-grows vigorously to a height of 4 feet, and bears umbels of deep purple fragrant flowers, of which bees seem to be fond.
- A. incarnata (the Swamp Milk-weed) is a good waterside plant with rose-purple flowers.
- A. quadrifolia (Four-leaved Milk-weed) bears fragrant terminal heads of lilac-white flowers early in the summer.
- A. rubra (the Red Milk-weed) is a distinct tall-growing plant with long bright green foliage, and large umbels of purple-red flowers.Advertisement
- A. variegata (Variegated Milk-weed) has dense umbels of handsome white flowers with a reddish centre.