Militaire sentence example
- Artillery and engineer officers come from the Ecole Polytechnique, infantry and cavalry from the Ecole spciale militaire de St-Cyr.
- The medaille militaire is awarded to private soldiers and non-commissioned officers who have distinguished themselves or rendered long and meritorious services.
- His last and most extensive work was a Cours d'etudes a l'usage des eleves de l'ecole militaire (45 vols.).
- Being destined for the army, he was entered at a pension militaire at Paris.
- Schlumberger has written on the coins and seals of the Latin East in various publications; while Rey has written an Etude sur les monuments de l'architecture militaire (Paris, 1871).Advertisement
- He accordingly obtained for him an appointment as professor of mathematics in the Ecole Militaire of Paris, and continued zealously to forward his interests.
- He continued his studies, and after obtaining the doctor's degree at the Sorbonne, he was appointed teacher of German in the Ecole militaire at St Cyr, and shortly afterwards, professor of foreign literatures at Douai.
- The first, treating of agriculture and domestic economy, was the Journal economique (1751-1772); a Journal de commerce was founded in 1759; periodical biography may be first seen in the Necrologe des hommes celebres de France (1764-1782); the political economists established the Ephemerides du citoyen in 1765; the first Journal d'education was founded in 1768, and the Courrier de la mode in the same year; the theatre had its first organ in the Journal des theatres (1770); in the same year were produced a Journal de musique and the Encyclopedia militaire; the sister service was supplied with a Journal de marine in 1778.
- For the wars in Boni, see Perelaer, De Bonische expedition, 18 591860 (Leiden, 1872); and Meyers, in the Militaire Spectator (1880).
- At the Ecole Militaire youths are trained nominally for the army, but many go there who intend to enter one of the professions or the public service.Advertisement
- Soon afterwards he was appointed professor of mathematics in the Ecole Militaire at Paris, and he was afterwards professor in the Ecole Normale.
- Arnault collaborated in a Vie politique et militaire de Napoleon (1822), and wrote some very interesting Souvenirs d'un sexagenaire (1833), which contain much out-of-the-way information about the history of the years previous to 1804.
- In 1813 he made his debut in an opera in one act, the Sejour militaire, the unfavourable reception of which put an end for some years to his attempts as composer.
- There are also a large number of state-aided schools for special purposes; (1) for military instruction, there are the Ecole Militaire at Brussels, the school of cadets at Namur, and army schools at different stations, e.g.
- He was educated at the Ecole Militaire, which he left at the age of sixteen.Advertisement
- All the Croats capable of service were enrolled under the French flag; their country was divided for administrative purposes into Croatie civile and Croatie militaire.
- His concessions to the reactionary and clerical party of the emigres, headed by the comte d'Artois and the duchesse d'Angouleme, aroused suspicions of his loyalty to the constitution, the creation of his Maison militaire alienated the army, and the constant presence of Blacas made the formation of a united ministry impossible.