Milazzo sentence example
- Expelling Lafarina and driving out Depretis, who represented Cavour, Garibaldi routed the Neapolitans at Milazzo on the 10th of July.
- By the end of July, after the hard-won victory of Milazzo, the whole island, with the exception of the citadel of Messina and a few unimportant ports, was in his hands.
- Most of the island had now been evacuated by the Bourbonists, but Messina and a few other points still held out, and when the Garibaldians advanced eastward they encountered a force of 4000 of the enemy under Colonel Bosco at Milazzo; on the 20th of July a desperate battle took place resulting in a hard-won Garibaldian victory.
- The Aeolian Islands are served by hydrofoils and ferries from Naples or from Milazzo in Sicily.
- The company is run by Bob Scocozzo and Charles Umphred, who have worked together in home-based marketing since 1988, and Carmen and Lynn Milazzo, who are candle makers.Advertisement