Mikimoto sentence example
- Mikimoto opened their first store in Tokyo in 1899.
- Mikimoto pearls enjoy a very prestigious reputation in the world of cultured pearl jewelry.
- Mikimoto pearls are the result of one man's determination to imitate what, until then, only nature could provide.
- In answer to this problem, Kokichi Mikimoto set out to create pearls by seeding oysters, something no one had ever succeeded at before.
- Mikimoto persisted with his dream through years of trial and error, learning more about pearl development and refining his seeding techniques until at last he had created a single "cultured" pearl.Advertisement
- That was in 1893, and since that time, Mikimoto has fostered the development of cultured pearl farms throughout the Pacific Islands.
- Say the name Mikimoto in jewelry circles, and voices immediately fill with tones of awe and respect.
- The grading system for Mikimoto pearls is so stringent that, amazingly, less that ten percent survive the cut.
- Mikimoto is legendary for identically matching every pearl on any given strand, a feat not easily achieved when, by their very nature, every pearl is unique.
- Classic Mikimoto pearls are a milky white, but other colors are available.Advertisement
- If you love the Art Deco style that was the rage in the 1920's and 1930's, Mikimoto's Vintage Collection will appeal to you.
- The pieces are based on some of the company's earlier designs and are a tribute to Mikimoto's foundations.
- Earth, wind, fire and air are the inspiration for the Mikimoto Elements of Life Collection.
- Mikimoto takes the concept of floating pearls to another dimension.
- Mikimoto employs a special mechanism that allows you to slide each pearl along the length of the chain, and once you're finished with your latest creation, your pearls will remain in place.Advertisement
- Kokichi Mikimoto once had a dream that every woman in the world would wear a string of pearls around her neck.
- The wide availability of freshwater pearls has meant that pearl jewelry is much more accessible and beautiful items of jewelry are available for a fraction of the cost of expensive Akoya or Mikimoto pearls.