Miinchengratz sentence example
- The prince, seeing the opportunity for a battle, immediately issued orders for an enveloping attack on Miinchengratz by his whole army, but, owing to distances and the number of units now requiring direction, it was late in the following day before all were in readiness for action.
- Haicheng represents Miinchengratz, Liao-Yang Gitschin, and the passes east of Liao-Yang Nachod and Trautenau.
- Wallenstein was interred at the neighbouring Carthusian monastery, but in 1639 the head and right hand were taken by General Baner to Sweden, and in 1702 the other remains were removed by Count Vincent of Waldstein to his hereditary burying ground at Miinchengratz.
- The " Holy Alliance " of the three autocratic northern powers, recemented at Miinchengratz in 1833, which had gained for Austria the decisive intervention of the tsar in 1849, had been hopelessly shattered by her attitude during the Crimean War.
- The cordial understanding with Austria, cemented at Miinchengratz and Berlin, was renewed, after the accession of the emperor Ferdinand, at Prague and Tdplitz (1835); on the latter occasion it was decided " without difficulty " to suppress the republic of Cracow, as a centre of revolutionary agitation.Advertisement
- When the storm burst, he remained entrenched behind the barriers of his own disciplined empire; sovereigns truckling in a panic to insurgent democracies he would not lift a finger to help;' it was not till Francis Joseph of Austria in 1849 appealed to him in the name of autocracy, reasserting its rights, that he consented to intervene, and, true to the promise made at Miinchengratz in 1833, crushed the insurgent Hungarians and handed back their country as a free gift to the Habsburg king.