Miall sentence example
- C. Miall's Aquatic Insects (London, 1895), the special literature of the Coleoptera is enormous.
- The pulvillus is From Miall and Denny, The Cockroach, Lovell Reeve & Co.
- B, Section through compound eye (after Miall and Denny); C, organs of smell in cockchafer; (after Kraepelin); D, a, b, sensory pits on cercopods of golden-eye fly; c, sensory pit on palp of stone-fly (after Packard); E, sensory hair (after Miall and Denny); F, ear of long-horned grasshopper; a, Front shin showing outer opening and air-tube; b, section (after Graber); G, ear of locust from within (after Graber).
- The dorsal vessel is prolonged anteriorly into an aorta, through which the blood is propelled into the great After Miall and Denny, The Cockroach, Lovell body-cavity or haemoReeve & Co.
- C. Miall remarks, is structurally little other " than the fly enclosed in a temporary skin."Advertisement
- Miall saw that if the programme of Nonconformity was to be carried through it must have more effective representation in Parliament.
- This was due largely to the efforts of the Anti-State Church Association, afterwards known as the Liberation Society, which Miall had founded in 1844.
- The long fight for the abolition of compulsory church-rates was finally successful in 1868, and then in 1870 Miall was prominent in the discussions aroused by the Education Bill.
- In some bristle-tails and may-flies, the two vasa deferentia open separately, but usually they lead into a sperm-reservoir, whence issues a median C From Miall and Denny, The Cockroach, Lovell Reeve & Co.