Meulan sentence example
- But the king's diplomatic skill enabled him to satisfy the church without surrendering any rights of consequence (1106); and he skilfully threw the blame of his previous conduct upon his counsellor, Robert of Meulan.
- But he showed admirable judgment in his choice of subordinates; Robert of Meulan, who died in 1118, and Roger of Salisbury, who survived his master, were statesmen of no common order; and Henry was free from the mania of attending in person to every detail, which was the besetting sin of medieval sovereigns.
- His eldest son Simon left a daughter, whose husband Hugh (brother of the count of Meulan) was created earl of Bedford by Stephen.
- He died at Meulan on the 5th of September 1829.
- In 1435 he and Dunois defeated the English near Meulan, and in 1436 he helped the constable Arthur, earl of Richmond (de Richmond), to expel them from Paris.Advertisement
- He died at Meulan on the 5th of May 1808.
- Waleran De Beaumont (1104-1166) obtained his father's French fiefs and the title of count of Meulan in 1118.
- The county of Meulan remained in possession of the Beaumont family until 1204, when it was united with the royal domain.
- He broke off the conference of Meulan, Burgundy.
- A treaty of peace between the two kings was signed in 1365, by which Charles of Navarre gave up Mantes, Meulan and the county of Longueville in exchange for Montpellier.Advertisement