Metropolitana sentence example
- A rare work on the earlier church (Buonamici, La Metropolitana di Ravenna) gives details of its construction.
- Besides compiling numerous useful tables, he contributed largely to the Encyclopaedia Metropolitana.
- Some curious examples of echo are given in Herschel's article on " Sound " in the Encyclopaedia Metropolitana, but it appears that he is in error in one case.
- In 1836 he became editor of the Encyclopaedia Metropolitana, and he projected the New General Biographical Dictionary, a scheme carried through by his brother Henry John Rose (1800-1873).
- For the latter, and for systems of notation, reference may also be made to Peacock's article " Arithmetic " in the Encyclopaedia Metropolitana, which contains a detailed account of the Greek system.Advertisement
- Here for two years he was busily engaged in parochial work, but he found time to write articles on "Apollonius of Tyana," on "Cicero" and on "Miracles" for the Encyclopaedia Metropolitana.