Metivier sentence example
- In 1811 there was living in Moscow a French doctor--Metivier--who had rapidly become the fashion.
- Metivier came to see the prince about twice a week.
- Metivier, who came in the morning with his felicitations, considered it proper in his quality of doctor de forcer la consigne, * as he told Princess Mary, and went in to see the prince.
- At first she heard only Metivier's voice, then her father's, then both voices began speaking at the same time, the door was flung open, and on the threshold appeared the handsome figure of the terrified Metivier with his shock of black hair, and the prince in his dressing gown and fez, his face distorted with fury and the pupils of his eyes rolled downwards.
- Metivier, shrugging his shoulders, went up to Mademoiselle Bourienne who at the sound of shouting had run in from an adjoining room.Advertisement
- Keep calm, I will call again tomorrow, said Metivier; and putting his fingers to his lips he hastened away.
- After Metivier's departure the old prince called his daughter in, and the whole weight of his wrath fell on her.
- And he narrated his whole conversation with the French doctor and the reasons that convinced him that Metivier was a spy.
- There now, you turned Metivier out by the scruff of his neck because he is a Frenchman and a scoundrel, but our ladies crawl after him on their knees.