Mestre sentence example
- This great canal was probably at one time the bed of a river flowing into the lagoons near Mestre.
- Ferries or traghetti for crossing the canals were also established as early as the 13th century; we find record of ferries at San Gregorio, San Felice, San Toma, San Samuele, and so on, and also of longer ferries to the outlying islands like Murano and Chioggia, or to the mainland at Mestre and Fusina.
- Railway communication in Venetia is fairly good; there is a main line from Milan to Mestre (the junction for Venice) and thence to Trieste by a line near the coast, or by Treviso, Udine and Pontebba (Pontafel) into Austria.
- Henceforward he frequently adopted the pseudonym of "lo Trovador de Montserrat"; in 1859 he helped to restore the "Juegos Florales," and in 1861 was proclaimed mestre de gay saber.
- However, if you are approaching the city by motor vehicle, consider parking it in nearby Mestre and then taking a bus or train from here (as this will cut down on your traffic congestion problem and your parking costs).Advertisement