Meridia sentence example
- Meridia is an appetite suppressant that alters two brain chemicals, serotonin and norepinephrine.
- Marketed as Meridia, this drug is an appetite suppressant that also provides a sense of satiation, or fullness.
- Meridia can raise your blood pressure and your heart rate, so it's crucial that your doctor monitor your health carefully while you are taking this drug.
- Atop the prescription diet pill pile, there lies an oblong capsule in various colors, depending on dose, called the Meridia diet pill.
- Meridia is manufactured by Abbott Pharmaceutical Company and is the brand name for sibutramine.Advertisement
- The Meridia diet pill acts on one these systems known as the appetite control system that tells a person when he or she is full.
- It is important to note here that Meridia is not an appetite suppressant in that it causes lack of hunger.
- When Meridia is taken, it acts on this appetite control mechanism and less food is desired or eaten which results in less calories being consumed.
- Secondly, Meridia needs to be taken along with following a reduced-calorie diet and an exercise regime.
- In clinical studies, Meridia does work in combination with a reduced-caloric intake and regular physical activity.Advertisement
- Sibutramine - Marketed as Meridia, sibutramine works to suppress appetite and is used in conjunction with diet and exercise to help individuals lose weight.