Mengo sentence example
- In May 1889 Mwanga, aided by the trader Charles Stokes, approached Buganda by water, and after several bloody battles captured the capital, but shortly afterwards was again defeated, and Kalema and the Ba-Islamu reoccupied Mengo (the native capital).
- Marching with unprecedented rapidity, he entered Mengo on the r8th of December.
- On the 22nd of January the killing of a Protestant at the capital (Mengo) pro- Civil War, 1891.
- He succeeded eventually in escaping, and arrived in Mengo on the 30th of March (1892).
- By the treaty of Mengo, signed in March 1900, the young king of Buganda, Daudi Chwa, a son of Mwanga, born in 1896, was accorded the title of his Highness the Kabaka.Advertisement