Mendi sentence example
- In its lower course the Bum passes through the Mendi country and enters the network of lagoons and creeks separated from the ocean by the long low tract of Turner's Peninsula.
- Sierra Leone is inhabited by various ethnic groups, the chief being the Timni, the Sulima, the Susu and the Mendi.
- From the Mendi district many curious steatite figures which had been buried have been recovered and are exhibited in the British Museum.
- The oil-palm and kola-nut tree are especially abundant in the Sherbro district and its hinterland, the Mendi country.
- Meantime (in April 1898) the Mendi tribes rose, and massacred several British and American missionaries, including four ladies, at Rotifunk and Taiama, some native officials (Sierra Leonis) in the Imperri district, and a large number of police throughout the country.Advertisement
- One memorable moment was clearing the treetops by only about 20 feet on the way from Mendi to Tari.