Melk sentence example
- Amongst the Arabs, lands were either held in common by a whole tribe, under a tenure known as the arch or sabegha, or sometimes, especially in the towns, under a modified form of freehold (melk) by the family.
- A senatus-consulte of 1863 laid the basis for the change in the land system by providing (I) for the delimitation of the territory of each tribe, (2) for the repartition of the territory thus delimited among newly formed tribal divisions (douars or communes), and (3) for the recognition of private ownership by the issue of title deeds for such individual or family property (melk) as already existed.
- Their first care was to push its eastern frontier down the Danube valley, by colonizing the lands on either side of the river, and the success of this work may be seen in the removal of their capital from Pochlarn to Melk, then to Tulln, and finally about 1140 to Vienna.
- The splendid Benedictine monastery of Melk and the ruins of Di rrenstein, the prison of Richard Coeur de Lion, are among the most interesting.
- While there you will tour the imposing 900-year-old Baroque Melk Abbey and Passau's spectacular cathedral, which is home to the largest pipe organ in Europe.Advertisement
- Other cities that may be part of the itinerary include Melk, Passau and Regensburg.
- Most of these cruises start in Passau and travel to Linz, Melk, and end in Vienna.
- In Melk, you will sail through the Wachau Valley.
- Many river cruises stop in the Benedictine Abbey located at the shore to the entrance into Melk.