Meinhard sentence example
- Albert married Elizabeth, daughter of Meinhard IV., count of Gdrz and Tirol, who bore him six sons and five daughters.
- All the six brothers exercised some authority in Bavaria; but three alone left issue, and of these the eldest, Louis, margrave of Brandenburg, died in 1361; and two years later was followed to the grave by his only son Meinhard, who was childless.
- Carinthia was given to Meinhard, count of Tirol, on condition that when his male line became extinct it should pass to the Habsburgs.
- He retained Carinthia in his own hands until 1286, when, in return for valuable services, he bestowed it upon Meinhard IV., count of Tirol.
- About 1190 the Augustinian monk Meinhard erected a monastery there, and in 1199-1201 Bishop Albert I.Advertisement