Meetingplace sentence example
- Elche is the meetingplace of three railways, from Novelda, Alicante and Murcia.
- St John's Episcopal church, built in 1740 (and sub sequently much enlarged), is noted especially as the meetingplace of the Virginia Convention of March 1775, before which Patrick Henry made a famous speech, ending, " I know not what course others may take, but as for me, Give me liberty, or give me death !"
- The site of the primitive Agora (apXaia etyopa) was probably in the hollow between the Acropolis and the Pnyx, which formed a convenient meetingplace for the dwellers on the north and south sides of the fortress as well as for its inhabitants.
- In the middle ages Romford was rather a meetingplace for merchants than an industrial centre.
- On the first day of the festival, called Dorpia or Dorpeia, banquets were held towards evening at the meetingplace of the phratries or in the private houses of members.Advertisement
- Its name, derived from the Scandinavian Thingvollr, " field or meetingplace of the thing," or local assembly, preserves the Norse origin of the town; its Gaelic designation is Inverpefferon,"the mouth of the Peffery."
- The town appears to have been frequently chosen as the meetingplace of the rulers and delegates of the three northern kingdoms; and under the union of Kalmar it was appointed to be the place for the election of a new Scandinavian monarch whenever necessary.
- It reminds us of the general conditions of Greek seamanship when we find that Corcyra was the meetingplace for the allied fleet, and that Syracuse was reached only by a coasting voyage along the shores of Greek Italy.
- They were allowed to settle in Rehoboth, Mass., and even after they were discovered to be Baptists they were allowed to remain on condition of establishing their meetingplace at a considerable distance from that of the standing order.
- The city is the meetingplace of a Chatauqua Assembly, and has a public library.Advertisement