Medicago sentence example
- Among the many economic plants which have been introduced into Chile and have become important additions to her resources, the more prominent are wheat, barley, hemp and alfalfa (Medicago sativa), together with the staple European fruits, such as the apple, pear, peach, nectarine, grape, fig, olive and orange.
- Alfalfa, or lucerne (Medicago sativa), is grown extensively for shipment to the mining towns of the desert provinces.
- Six week old salt-tolerant lucerne seedlings (Medicago media) were inoculated by the method of root dipping and wound inoculation.
- Medick (Medicago) - This is a large genus, but it contains few, if any, good garden plants.
- Red clover (Trifolium pratense), alfalfa (Medicago sativa), licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra), hops (Humulus lupulus), and legumes are also high in phytoestrogens.Advertisement