Meadow-lands sentence example
- Again, although from the richest old permanent meadow-lands very heavy crops of hay are taken season after season, the general average yield of permanent grass is about 3 cwt.
- The valley now widens out into the rich district of Hamah (Hamath-Epiphaneia), below which lie the broad meadow-lands of Ghab, containing the sites of ancient Apamea and Larissa.
- The vegetation of the meadow-lands is monotonous.
- The best meadow-lands of Bavaria are in the province of Franconia and in the outer range of the Alps, and those of Saxony in the Erzgebirge.
- Moreover, the nature of the fertility of the meadow-lands is such as to require little manual labour, and other industrial means of subsistence have hardly yet come into existence.Advertisement