Mccloskey sentence example
- In 1880 Bishop Corrigan was made coadjutor, with the right of succession, to Cardinal McCloskey, archbishop of New York, under the title of archbishop of Petra; and thereafter nearly all the practical work of the archdiocese fell to his hands.
- On the death of Cardinal McCloskey in 1885 Archbishop Corrigan became metropolitan of the diocese of New York.
- McCLOSKEY, John (1810-1885), American cardinal, was born in Brooklyn, New York, on the 10th of March 1810.
- Archbishop Corrigan became his coadjutor in 1880 because of the failure of McCloskey's always delicate health.
- Mike McCloskey wrote an excellent summation of last year 's event.Advertisement