Maximilla sentence example
- Only two women, Prisca and Maximilla, were moved by the Spirit; like Montanus, they uttered in a state of frenzy the commands of the Spirit, which urged men to a strict and holy life.
- It would seem that before this time Montanus had disappeared from the scene; but Maximilla, and probably also Prisca, were working with redoubled energy.
- The "spirit" of Maximilla gained a signal victory, a certain Themiso in particular having reduced the bishops to silence.
- The first, by a bishop or presbyter whose name is not known, is addressed to Abircius bishop of Hierapolis, and was written in the fourteenth year after the death of Maximilla - i.e.
- Montanus, Prisca, and Maximilla were always recognized as the inspired authorities.Advertisement
- But the disputation which Bishops Zoticus of Cumana and Julian of Apamea arranged with Maximilla and her following turned out disastrously for its promoters.