Matheus sentence example
- The principal rivers of the state are the Mucury, which rises in Minas Geraes and forms the boundary line with Bahia, the Itaunas, Sao Domingos, Sao Matheus, Doce, Timbuhy, Santa Maria, Judi, Benevente, Itapemirim, and Itabapoana, the last forming the boundary line with Rio de Janeiro.
- The Doce, Sao Matheus, and Itapemirim rise in Minas Geraes and flow entirely across the state.
- The chief cities and towns of the state, with their populations in 1890, are Victoria, Sao Matheus (municipality, 7761) on a river of the same name 16 m.
- In 1507 Matthew, or Matheus, an Armenian, had been sent as Abyssinian envoy to Portugal to ask aid against the Mussulmans, and in 1520 an embassy under Dom Rodrigo de Lima landed in Abyssinia.
- Matheus d'Albuquerque defeated the Spaniards under the baron of Molingen at Montijo (May 26, 1644), and throughout the reign of John IV.Advertisement