Mastaba sentence example
- These explorations of the mastaba tombs of the III.-VI.
- The main structure of this age is the step-pyramid of Sakkara, which is a mastaba tomb with eleven successive coats of masonry, enlarging it to about 350 by 390 ft.
- The courtyard is provided with mastaba benches around its walls, and its white plastered walls have a red line around its circumference.
- Davies, Mastaba of Pta/ilietep and Akhethetep (London, I9oI), p. 24 et sqq.
- Fo~r setting out a mastaba with sloping sides, on an irregular foundation at different levels, hollow corner walls were built outside the place of each corner; the distances of the faces at the above-ground level were marked on the inner faces of the walls; the above-ground level was also marked; then sloping lines at the intended angle of the face were drawn downward from the ground-level measures, and each face was set out so as to MALLETS - 2Advertisement
- mastaba tomb, which is from the Arabic meaning bench or bench shaped.
- mastaba benches around its walls, and its white plastered walls have a red line around its circumference.