Martyrum sentence example
- John Johnston in his Coronis martyrum says he died in exile in 1556.
- Apparently they were at first arranged in a series of anniversaries separate from that of the martyrs, as seems to be shown by the existence at Rome of the Depositio episcoporum side by side with the Depositio martyrum; the two lists seem to have been combined, as in the calendar of Carthage, which includes the dies nataliciorum martyrum et depositiones episcoporum.
- The In gloria martyrum and In gloria confessorum of Gregory of Tours are valuable for the sources used in their compilation.
- Ruinart collected the best Ada of the martyrs in his Acta martyrum sincera (Paris, 1689).
- The seven books of miracles are divided into the De gloria martyrum, the De virtutibus sancti Juliani, four books of Miracula sancti Martini, and the De gloria confessorum, the last dealing mainly with confessors who had dwelt in the cities of Tours and Clermont.Advertisement
- The Ada sincera Martyrum by Ruinart was replaced by the thoroughly uncritical and inexact Actes des martyrs of Gueranger.