Martis sentence example
- Mars, again, as third from the Moon, will preside over Tuesday (Dies Martis, Mardi), and so forth.
- From the time of his first introduction to Tycho he had devoted himself to the investigation of the orbit of Mars, which, on account of its relatively large eccentricity, had always been especially recalcitrant to theory, and the results appeared in Astronomia nova ainoXayrgrii, seu Physica coelestis tradita commentariis de motibus stellae Martis (Prague, 1609).
- The village of Vicus Martis Tudertium lay 9 m.
- Ferric chloride, FeCl31 known in its aqueous solution to Glauber as oleum martis, may be obtained anhydrous by the action of dry chlorine on the metal at a moderate red-heat, or by passing hydrochloric acid gas over heated ferric oxide.
- They were published in 1609 in De Motibus Stellae Martis.Advertisement