Martensen sentence example
- Martensen was a distinguished preacher, and his works were translated into various languages.
- An autobiography, Aus meinem Leben, appeared in 1883, and after his death the Briefwechsel zwischen Martensen and Dorner (1888).
- Clausen (1793-1877), and still more Hans Larsen Martensen (1808-1884), lifted the prestige of Danish divinity to a high point.
- Martensen's Jakob Bohme (1881) belongs to an earlier period.
- Martensen's Dogmatics restates substantial orthodoxy with fine literary taste.Advertisement
- Martensen gives even freer rein to speculation.