Marmousets sentence example
- By a series of delays he caused the failure of the naval expedition prepared at Sluys against England in 1386, and a second accusation of military negligence led to disgrace of the royal princes and the temporary triumph of the marmousets, as the advisers of the late king were nicknamed.
- Three years later, with the help of his brother, Louis of Orleans, duke of Touraine, he threw off the tutelage of his uncles, whom he replaced by Bureau de la Riviere and others among his father's counsellors, nicknamed by the royal princes the marmousets because of their humble origin.
- Clisson, Bureau de la Riviere, Jean de Mercier, and the other marmousets were driven from office, and the royal dukes regained their power.
- The kings Should it be the uncles of the king, or his followers uncles and Clisson and Bureau de Ia Rivire, whom the nobles the Marcalled in mockery the Marmousets?
- The Marmousets were deposed, the kings brother, the duke of Orleans, set aside, and the old condition of affairs began again (1392).Advertisement