Marienwerder sentence example
- See Ktitz, Geschichte der Stadt Schweiz seit 1772 (Marienwerder, 1904) .
- Cavalry horses (especially at the government stud farm of Marienwerder) and merino sheep are reared.
- The province is divided into the governmental departments of Danzig and Marienwerder.
- West Prussia, with the exception of southern Pomerania (around Marienwerder) which belonged to Prussia, was a possession of Poland from 1466 till the first partition of Poland in 1772, when it was given to Prussia with the exception of Danzig and Thorn, which Poland retained till 1793.
- 94-98 of the Treaty of Versailles provided that the East Prussian Circles (Kreise) of Allenstein, Osterode, Ortelsburg, Sensburg, Johannisburg, Lotzen, Lyck and Neidenburg, in so far as they had not already been ceded to Poland, and further the West Prussian Circles of Marienwerder (east of the Vistula), Stuhm, Rosenberg and the section of the Circle Marienburg situated east of the Nogat, should declare by a plebiscite whether they desired to belong to Germany or Poland.Advertisement
- In the West Prussian region the Circle Stuhm has 21,000 inhabitants who speak German and 15,000 who speak Polish; the Circle Marienburg has 26,500 German-speaking and 1,500 Polish-speaking; Rosenberg 47,000 German-speaking and 3,500 Polish-speaking; Marienwerder 17,500 German-speaking and 25,000 Polish-speaking inhabitants.