Mardan sentence example
- The Bakhtiari encouraged his brother, Ali Mardan, to compete for the succession to Nadir.
- In the large important province of Azerbaijan, Azad Khan, one of Nadirs generals, had established a separate government; and Au Mardan, brother of the Bakhtiari chief, took forcible possession of Isfahan, en~powering Shah Rukhs governor, Abul-Fatb Khan, to act for the new master instead of the old.
- Had Au Mardan declared himself an independent ruler he would have been by far the most important of the three persons named.
- After a time Ali Mardan was assassinated, and Karim Khan became the sole living power at Isfahan.
- Most of the district consists of hard and stony soil, depending upon irrigation, which is supplied by the Western Jumna canal, the Ali Mardan canal and the Agra canal.Advertisement