Marchi sentence example
- (From Marchi.) and two on the other, connected by a passage intersecting the gallery at right angles.
- There is no trace of an altar, which may, Marchi thinks, have been portable.
- Marchi has estimated the united length of the galleries at from Boo to 00o m., and the number of interments at between 6,000,000 and 7,000,000; Martigny's estimate is 587 m.; and Northcote's, lower still, at " not less than 350 m."
- The discovery of this independence is due to Marchi.
- The great pioneer in the path of independent research, which, with the intelligent use of documentary and historical evidence, has led to so vast an increase in our acquaintance with the Roman Catacombs, was Padre Marchi of the Society of Jesus.Advertisement
- Marchi's line of investigation was followed by the Commendatore De Rossi, and his brother Michele, the former of whom was Marchi's fellow-labourer during the latter part of his explorations; and it is to them that we owe the most exhaustive scientific examination of the whole subject.