Marblehead sentence example
- Marblehead and Salem were made ports of entry, and Salem was made the capital.
- Other ports of entry in the state in 1909 were Newburyport, Gloucester, Salem, Marblehead, Plymouth, Barnstable, Nantucket, Edgartown, New Bedford and Fall River.
- The intervention of President Roosevelt and of President Diaz of Mexico brought about an armistice on the 19th of July, and the so-called "Marblehead Pact" was signed on the following day on board the United States cruiser "Marblehead."
- Salem is served by the Boston & Maine and by interurban electric railways westward to Peabody, Danvers and Lawrence, eastward to Beverly, and southward to Marblehead, Swampscott, Lynn and Boston.
- Marblehead was separated from Salem township in 1649; Beverly in 1668, a part of Middleton in j1728, and the district of Danvers in 1752.Advertisement
- At the opening of the War of Independence Gloucester, whose fisheries then employed about boo men, was second to Marblehead as a fishing-port.