Maois sentence example
- Citalopram must not be taken at the same time as monoamine oxidase inhibitor antidepressants (MAOIs ).
- Classes of antidepressants include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (fluoxetine/Prozac, sertraline/Zoloft), tricyclics (amitriptyline/Elavil), MAOIs (phenelzine/Nardil), and heterocyclics (bupropion/Wellbutrin, trazodone/Desyrel).
- Patients taking MAOIs must cut foods high in tyramine (found in aged cheeses and meats) out of their diet to avoid hypotensive side effects.
- If you take Baclofen MAOIs, Levodopa or Selegiline, do not take phenylalanine unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- People taking MAOIs should not use phentermine.Advertisement