Many-headed sentence example
- A contest still more stubborn remained with the Slavonic tribes, with their triple and many-headed divinities, their powers of good and powers of evil, who could be propitiated only with human sacrifices.
- Unity and vigour were scarcely to be expected from a many-headed administration composed of men of mediocre talent whose contrary opinions speedily gave rise to contending factions.
- The inhabitants of the three sections of the Danelagh were at best leagued in a many-headed confederacy.
- This great office, which he held for 32 years, gave to a man of commanding ability and industry unbounded influence in a many-headed republic without any central executive authority.
- Indeed, Ariel flourishes in the service of Prospero under the external government of the many-headed brute.Advertisement
- Be like a many-headed Hydra, flexible, changing tack and tactics all the time.
- The Babylonian story of Ea (see § 2) and the deluge finds an Indian parallel in the fish (or, otherwise a manifestation of Vishnu the many-headed serpent) which warned Manu.