Manteuffel sentence example
- Manteuffel made an entry with a small detachment, and died leading his men.
- By the morning of the 29th Manteuffel and Goeben lay north, v.
- Manteuffel was placed in command of the army of the Main for the final advance.
- These, with the sun now almost at their backs, were shooting better than usual, and Manteuffel was compelled to call on the VIII.
- Meeting Manteuffel near the Brasserie of Noisseville, he overwhelmed him with reproaches, and at the crisis of this scene the bands struck up "Heil dir im Siegeskranz"!Advertisement
- Corps for disobedience, the king thanked Manteuffel warmly for the part he had played, and then turned to the young brigadier who had disobeyed orders and congratulated him on having twice distinguished himself in the first fortnight of the war.
- An outspoken opponent of the policy of Manteuffel, he was refused promotion by the Prussian government, and in 1857 accepted the professorship of history at r °Tabingen.
- Prussia, however, was wholly unprepared for war; and, when this was realized, Radowitz, the foreign minister, who had so far pursued a vigorous policy, retired, and was replaced by Manteuffel, who, although the whole Prussian army was mobilized, began by making concessions.
- The Union was dissolved; and after Austria had despatched an ultimatum formulating her demands, Baron Manteuffel met Prince Schwarzenberg at Olmutz, and, by a convention signed on the 2gth of November i85o, virtually yielded everything he insisted upon.
- During the interview at OlmUtz between Manteuffel and Schwarzenberg it was agreed that, like the affairs of Hesse-Cassel, those of SchleswigHolstein should be submitted to the decision of all German states, but that, in the meantime, Prussia and Austria should act together.Advertisement
- Manteuffel and his policy were associated in the regents mind with the humiliation of Olmtitz, and the dismissal of the ministry symbolized the reversal of this policy.
- Edwin von Manteuffel, the first governor, to win the confidence of the people failed; the anti-German feeling increased; the party of protestors continued in full numbers.
- An outspoken opponent of the policy of Manteuffel, he was refused promotion by the Prussian government, and in 1857 accepted the professorship of history at r Ã‚°Tabingen.