Manon sentence example
- In 1781 he married Manon Jeanne Phlipon (1754-1793), and the name of Madame Roland is famous in history.
- The principal towns are Bandung, the capital of the residency, Sukabumi, Chianjar, Sumedang, Chichalengka, Garut, Tasik Malaya and Manon Jaya, all with the exception of Sumedang connected by railway.
- Elizabeth has sung in the chorus in productions of The rake's progress, Manon, Idomeneo and Marriage of Figaro.
- Of Auber's remaining operas (about 50 in all) the more important are: Le Macon (1825), La FiancÃ©e (1829), Fra Diavolo (1830), Lestocq (1834), Le Cheval de bronze (1835), L'Ambassadrice (1836), Le Domino noir (1837), Le Lac des fees (1839), Les Diamants de la couronne (1841), Haydee (1847), Marco Spada (1853), Manon Lescaut (1856), and La FiancÃ©e du roi des Garbes (1864).
- Vishneva, a refined actress, was splendid in the title role, and convincingly portrayed Manon from her innocence to her final downfall.Advertisement