Manius sentence example
- In 191, however, he was routed at Thermopylae by the Romans under Manius Acilius Glabrio, and obliged to withdraw to Asia.
- The only tomb here was a sarcophagus, of which the broken front bears the letters which show it to have been the epitaph of one of the Acilian family: - Acilio Glabrioni Filio In the vicinity are fragments of the epitaphs of Manius Acilius and Priscilla, of Quintus Acilius and Caia Acilia in Greek, another Greek inscription " Acilius Rufinus mayest thou live in God."
- Manius Valerius Maximus Corvinus Messalla, consul 263 B.C. In this year, with his colleague Manius Otacilius (or Octacilius) Crassus, he gained a brilliant victory over the Carthaginians and Syracusans; the honour of a triumph was decreed to him alone.
- To commemorate her filial affection a temple was dedicated (181 B.C.) by Manius Acilius Glabrio to Pietas in the Forum Holitorium at Rome, on the spot where the young woman had formerly lived.
- Of the Acilii Balbi, one Manius Acilius Balbus was consul in 150 B.C., another in 114.Advertisement
- In the following year he defended Marcus (or Manius) Fonteius on a charge of extortion in Gaul, using various arguments which might equally well have been advanced on behalf of Verres himself .
- Its date cannot be later than the 5th and is possibly as early as the 6th century B.C. The words are MAN103 MED Fhefhaked NVMAS101, " Manius made me for Numasius."
- His daughter Aemilia was the wife of Manius Acilius Glabrio, and subsequently of Pompey, the triumvir.