Manitowoc sentence example
- The city is finely situated on high ground above the lake at the mouth of the Manitowoc river.
- At Manitowoc are the county insane asylum and a Polish orphan asylum.
- The first permanent settlement was made about 1836, and Manitowoc was chartered as a city in 1870.
- Poles are chiefly in Milwaukee, Manitowoc and Portage counties, Belgians and Dutch in Brown and Door counties, German Swiss in Green, Fond du Lac, Winnebago, Buffalo and Pierce counties, and Bohemians in Kewaunee county, where they form almost 50% of the population.
- One in the north-eastern counties (Oconto, Brown, Door, Shawano, Manitowoc and Kewaunee) in 1871 resulted in the loss of more than a thousand lives.Advertisement