Manilow sentence example
- She recently told the Daily Record that Barry Manilow is her favorite singer, but then went on to say, "I don't know what he sings, but he's sexy.
- Past episodes have included musical guests such as the Pussycat Dolls, Burt Bachrach, Mary J Blige, Barry Manilow, Jesse McCartney and Bill Medley.
- Both Elton John and Barry Manilow found Hudson's performances to be flawless.
- Manilow performed a duet with Hudson on Ryan Seacrest's talk show the day after she was eliminated from American Idol.
- While performing there, she met Barry Manilow, who was the club's piano player.Advertisement
- Their friendship blossomed, and Manilow produced Midler's first album, The Divine Miss M, in 1973.
- Soon after, however, Manilow and Midler had a falling out and didn't speak for decades.
- Bette Midler has a bit of a reputation for being a lady with a temper, but her long standing feud with Barry Manilow used to often get mentioned as one of the biggest bridges she had burned in her career.
- Manilow was absolutely instrumental in getting her career off the ground, but the two parted ways in the early 80s and didn't speak again for over 20 years.
- The rumored reason is that Manilow was unhappy with Midler's behavior on a talk show they were both taking part in.Advertisement
- The two famously reunited in 2003 for Manilow to produce Midler on her Bette Midler Sings the Rosemary Clooney Songbook and the two have worked together on numerous occasions since.
- After being eliminated from American Idol two weeks later for performing the track Weekend in New England by Barry Manilow, Hudson moved on to movies for a while.