Mangaboos sentence example
- "Why have you dared to intrude your unwelcome persons into the secluded Land of the Mangaboos?" he asked, sternly.
- Gradually the balloon grew bigger, which was proof that it was settling down upon the Land of the Mangaboos.
- Then a little man jumped out of the basket, took off his tall hat, and bowed very gracefully to the crowd of Mangaboos around him.
- "Mangaboos," said the Sorcerer, correcting him.
- No one did, because the Mangaboos did not wear hats, and Zeb had lost his, somehow, in his flight through the air.Advertisement
- Several Mangaboos came forward with glass spades and dug a hole in the ground.
- "This," said he, "is the Royal Bush of the Mangaboos.
- The Mangaboos were much impressed because they had never before seen any light that did not come directly from their suns.
- Some of the Mangaboos fell down and had to be dragged from the fire, and all were so withered that it would be necessary to plant them at once.
- Suddenly they looked up to find the room filled with the silent, solemn-eyed Mangaboos.Advertisement
- Slowly but steadily the heartless Mangaboos drove them on, until they had passed through the city and the gardens and come to the broad plains leading to the mountain.
- An instant later he suddenly backed toward the crowd of Mangaboos and kicked out his hind legs as hard as he could.
- Eureka helped him by flying into the faces of the enemy and scratching and biting furiously, and the kitten ruined so many vegetable complexions that the Mangaboos feared her as much as they did the horse.
- The Mangaboos saw her escape, and several of them caught up their thorns and gave chase, mounting through the air after her.
- Before long they neared the Black Pit, where a busy swarm of Mangaboos, headed by their Princess, was engaged in piling up glass rocks before the entrance.Advertisement
- At once the Mangaboos began piling up the rocks of glass again, and as the little man realized that they were all about to be entombed in the mountain he said to the children:
- "We belong upon the face of the earth," explained the Wizard, "but recently, during an earthquake, we fell down a crack and landed in the Country of the Mangaboos."