Manen sentence example
- No objection has been made against the genuineness of the statements in the Adversus haereses, but the authenticity of the two letters has been stoutly contested in recent times by van Manen.
- "The manifest exaggerations," says van Manen, "coupled with the fact that Irenaeus never shows any signs of acquaintance with Florinus.
- The criticism of van Manen has, however, found no supporters outside the Dutch school.
- A similar position has also been taken up by Schiirer, 3 Holtzmann,4 Gebhardt, 5 W y llie,' and van Manen.
- Marc. 2-4) removed what he judged to be some interpolations, but van Manen's attempt to prove that Marcion's text is more original than the canonical (Theolog.Advertisement