Manbij sentence example
- 3 Hierapolis of the Greeks, Manbij of the Arabs, a few miles west of the Eu p hrates about latitude 361°.
- Buhturi [al-Walid ibn `Ubaid] (820-897), Arabian poet, was born at Manbij (Hierapolis) in Syria, between Aleppo and the Euphrates.
- He died at Manbij Hierapolis in 897.
- Merwan resolved to accept those conditions, and sent a deputation to Damascus, which, however, had just reached Manbij (Hierapolis) when Yazid died.
- In the first year of his reign all the strong places of Kinnesrin and Mesopotamia were formed into a special province, which received the name of al-`Awasim ("the defending fortresses"), with Manbij (Hierapolis) as its capital.Advertisement
- 3 Hierapolis of the Greeks, Manbij of the Arabs, a few miles west of the Eu p hrates about latitude 361Ã‚°.