Major depressive disorder sentence example
major depressive disorder
- For instance if an individual is having episodes of clinical depression but never has periods of mania, that would be categorized as a depressive or major depressive disorder.
- Additionally, the first version was missing certain important diagnostic criteria for Major Depressive Disorder found in the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR).
- There are two main categories of depressive disorders: major depressive disorder and dysthymic disorder.
- Although periods of adjustment disorder usually resolve themselves, occasionally they may evolve into a major depressive disorder.
- As of 2004, fluoxetine was the only SSRI (and the only antidepressant drug) approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in children and adolescents with major depressive disorder.Advertisement
- Psychomotor agitation-Disturbed physical and mental processes (e.g., fidgeting, wringing of hands, racing thoughts); a symptom of major depressive disorder.
- It should be again noted that the only drug that has received approval for use in children with major depressive disorder is fluoxetine (Prozac).