Majestys sentence example
- The chief provisions concerning Egypt were: His Britannic Majestys government declare that they have no intention of altering the political status of Egypt.
- His Britannic Majestys government, for their part, will respect the rights which France, in virtue of treaties, conventions and usage, enjoys in Egypt.
- Malet had informed Sherif Pasha that, although Colonel Hicks finds it convenient to communicate with Lord Dufferin or with me, it must not be supposed that we endorse in any way the contents of his telegrams. - - - Her Majestys government are in no way responsible for his operations in the Sudan, which have been undertaken under the authority of His Highnesss government.
- On the following day Lord Granville replied: We cannot lend English or Indian troops; if consulted, recommend abandonment of the Sudan within certain limits; and on the 25th he added that Her Majestys government can do nothing in the matter which would throw upon them the responsibilities for operations in the Sudan.
- Baring forcibly argued against British intervention in the affairs of the Sudan, and on the 13th of December Lord Granville telegraphed that Her Majestys government recommend the ministers of khedive to come to an early decision to abandon all territory south of Assuan, or, at least, of Wadi Haifa.Advertisement