Majerda sentence example
- On the north and north-west the Aures mountains of Algeria are prolonged into Tunisia, and constitute the mountainous region of the north, which lies between the Majerda river and the sea, and also includes the vicinity of the city of Tunis and the peninsula of the Dakhelat el Mawin, which terminates in Ras Addar (Cape Bon).
- This first division is called by the French "the Majerda Mountains."
- The principal river, the Majerda, is formed by the junction of the Wad Malleg and the Wad Kkallad.
- Flowing north-east the Majerda forms an extensive plain in its lower course, reaching the sea near the ruins of Utica.
- The central plateau region, stretching between the Majerda valley and the mountains of Gafsa.Advertisement
- The Barbary otter is present in the Majerda and in some of the salt lakes.
- They are met with in a long strip of country south of the Majerda, between the Algerian frontier and the sea-coast north of Susa; also inland, to the south-west of Susa, and near Kef; also in another long strip between the vicinity of Sfax on the north and the Jerid on the south.
- The chief town of the Majerda basin is Beja (pop. 5000), the ancient Vaga, an important corn market.