Mahmud ii sentence example
- The allied powers (France, England and Russia) decided, however, that Crete should not be included amongst the islands annexed to the newly-formed kingdom of Greece; but recognizing that some change was necessary, they obtained from the sultan Mahmud II.
- The reform of the Ottoman government contemplated by the sultan Mahmud II.
- The altilik, beshlik and metallik currencies struck, the first and last in the reign of Mahmud II.
- In 1803 Jezzar of Acre advanced as near as Hamah; but his death occurred in the following year; and after a sanguinary rising in 1805, Aleppo settled down, but was not at peace, even after a local janissary massacre in 1814, till Mahmud II.
- In 1831, Hussein Aga Borberli, called the "Dragon of Bosnia," or Zmaj Bosanski, set forth from Banjaluka on his holy war against the sultan Mahmud II.Advertisement
- After a period of Latin occupation, it was captured by the Turks in 1462; it was given by the Sultan Mahmud II.
- This state of things continued even after Mahmud II.
- He went to India, where he took service under the Bahmani king of the Deccan, and ultimately became a person of great importance at the court of Mahmud II.
- The opposition of the Albanians, Christian as well as Moslem, to the reforms introduced by the sultan Mahmud II.