Mago sentence example
- Of these cities, Port Mahon, the most important, still retains the name which is derived from the family of Mago.
- Savona is the ancient Savo, a town of the Ingauni (see Albenga), where, according to Livy, Mago stored his booty in the Second Punic War.
- In 203 he was proconsul in Upper Italy, where, in conjunction with the praetor P. Quintilius Varus, he gained a hard-won victory over Mago, Hannibal's brother, in Insubrian territory, and obliged him to leave Italy.
- Most of them joined the Carthaginian leader Mago; but he was successfully withstood at Agyrium by Agyris, the ally of Dionysius, who is described as a tyrant second in power to Dionysius himself.
- Among others, Mago is remarkable for a subterranean outlet of the waters of the fertile valley in its midst.Advertisement
- Dante places persons guilty of simony in the third bolgia of the eighth circle of the Inferno: "O Simon mago, 0 miseri seguaci, Che le cose di Dio the di bontate Deono esser spose, voi rapaci Per oro e per argento adulterate."